Owner and Seamstress
I started sewing in a junior high home economics class and was amazed at how quickly I loved it! Since then I sew almost every day and still love what I do!
A little bit about me:
- I have been sewing since the Fall of 2000
- I received my diploma in 2008 from Lethbridge College's Fashion Design and Marketing Program
- in 2008 I also stated working in theatre and quickly fell in love with that world as well
- I worked at Lethbridge College as an instructor and lab assistant in the Fashion Program for 3 years before going back to school. Since then I have been brought back to teach a few classes as well
- in 2016, I graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts from the University of Lethbridge in Theatre Design
I started out by doing alterations for family and friends and that quickly snowballed into work for friends of friends and so on. I have been altering dresses for grad and weddings for over 10 years and still love it.
I love when a bride comes to me and once their dress fits them like a glove their eyes light up and they can't help but smile. That's why I do this. I love helping people feel their best and it's amazing what a good fitting garment can do!
Because of my extensive sewing background, I not only work on dresses but I can also alter suits so that the groom feels his best too!
We also do all other kinds of alterations. From buttons, to zippers, to hemming curtains, to uniforms, my team can do it all.
If you have any questions about what I can do for you, just let me know! I can provide one stop services for the bride, groom, flowergirl, bridesmaids, parents, etc. I'd love to chat more with you about your specific needs - big or small!
When I am not at The Shoppe, I enjoy spending as much time as I can with my husband Mark and our two sons.