Owner and Seamstress
I started sewing in a junior high home economics class and was amazed at how quickly I loved it! Since then I sew almost every day and still love what I do!
A little bit about me:
- I have been sewing since the Fall of 2000
- I received my diploma in 2008 from Lethbridge College's Fashion Design and Marketing Program
- in 2008 I also stated working in theatre and quickly fell in love with that world as well
- I worked at Lethbridge College as an instructor and lab assistant in the Fashion Program for 3 years before going back to school. Since then I have been brought back to teach a few classes as well
- in 2016, I graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts from the University of Lethbridge in Theatre Design
I started out by doing alterations for family and friends and that quickly snowballed into work for friends of friends and so on. I have been altering dresses for grad and weddings for nearly 10 years and still love it.
I love when a bride comes to me and once their dress fits them like a glove their eyes light up and they can't help but smile. That's why I do this. I love helping people feel their best and it's amazing what a good fitting garment can do!
Because of my extensive sewing background, I not only work on dresses but I can also alter suits so that the groom feels his best too!
I also do all other kinds of alterations. From buttons, to zippers, to hemming curtains, to uniforms, I can do it all.
If you have any questions about what I can do for you, just let me know! I can provide one stop services for the bride, groom, flowergirl, bridesmaids, parents, etc. I'd love to chat more with you about your specific needs - big or small!
When I am not at The Shoppe, I enjoy spending as much time as I can with my husband Mark and our two sons.